Rifco Theatre Ambassador Pledge
Rifco Theatre Company produces and tours vibrant, accessible and high-quality new work, live and online. Rifco is one of the few touring companies that conceive, write and produce contemporary British South Asian stories; stories that reflect life for the British South Asian community. Productions and projects give a much-needed platform to British South Asian theatre makers, artists and performers.
Our work is unique. New plays and musicals that are fun and entertaining but that also reflect and celebrate contemporary British South Asian experience, culture and society. Our aim is to gently challenge, question and provoke. Our previous work has explored ideas around arranged marriage, elderly abandonment, gender and sexuality and how these issues impact on traditional British South Asian communities.
Each year Rifco produces and tours new live productions and projects as well as new online work, a key feature of our 2020/21 programme. Over the last two years live work has included Dishoom! (2018) and Mushy: Lyrically Speaking (2019) and online work has included The Desi Lockdown (2020) and Leave the Plastic On (2021). The Covid-19 pandemic has influenced our move to online content, and as the impact continues, we are planning to release lots more new work. Naturally, our greatest wish is to get back to touring live productions to our venues across the UK.
We’re also thrilled to announce that 2021 marks an important milestone: we celebrate our 21st birthday, 2000-2021. As we embark upon this new chapter, we’re relaunching our Ambassadors scheme. We hope, not only that existing Ambassadors will want to re-pledge their commitment, but also that the changes we have made will help us reach new Ambassadors to help us spread the word out there.
We are committed to our Ambassadors and pledge that we will:
- Provide training and guidance for all new Ambassadors
- Give Ambassadors a presence on company website (optional), like staff or Associates.
- Regular Ambassador newsletter updating on company activity including ‘behind the scenes’ content and footage for sharing with others.
- Organise one Ambassador ‘Get together’ event a year (pending COVID-19 restrictions)
- Invite Ambassadors to extra events, eg, post-show discussions, after show events, backstage tours, meet the cast. (pending COVID-19 restrictions.)
- Create a Rifco login page where Ambassadors can access high-res images, content and other material to share amongst their networks
- Arrange twice yearly zoom meetings with creative teams to update Ambassadors about forthcoming work
- Commit, where possible, to helping Ambassadors develop their skills (eg, help with CVs, career advice, links to other organisations).
- Provide Ambassadors with two comp tickets to each new show
- Cover reasonable travel costs
- Recognise that there will always be limitations on individual time commitments.
- Offer free / discounted merchandise.
Ambassadors pledge that they:
- Will actively and positively promote Rifco Theatre Company and its productions and projects in person and online via own networks.
- Will dedicate a number of hours to Rifco over a year to provide agreed support
- Will provide feedback to Rifco on each production or project
- Will maintain a professional image (in person and online) whilst carrying out activities on Rifco’s behalf
- Will be reliable, maintain regular contact, particularly if you unable to take part in activities and reply to communications promptly.
- Will not act on behalf of Rifco, with venues, artists, press etc, unless cleared in writing with Rifco
- We’re committed to supporting you in your role as an Ambassador and we’d love to have you as a member of the Rifco family. If you agree with these two sets of Pledges, please do fill in and complete the Google form to sign up or re-pledge as an Ambassador